GlobalTester is an Open Source tool to test (not only) smart cards. It’s developed with Eclipse. You can use the tool as an Eclipse plugin or standalone as Eclipse RCP. With the new release GlobalTester is not reduced to chip cards anymore. From now on you can test various protocols e.g. in context of Smart Home or IoT.
Here is a subset of the benefits of the new version:
- Supports XML scheme according to BSI TR-03105 for test cases
- Sample Configuration of test objects allows switching between test objects and persistence of test information
- Easy sharing with test houses and certification authorities
- New, intuitive user interface, and handling
- Extensive cheat sheets and new user guidance
- Test Campaign allows easy reproduction of a test run and persistence of test results
The following video clip gives a first impression of the new user interface and the functionality (Video concept and recording by Anke Larkworthy).
If you are interested in the source code: we host the free available basic version of GlobalTester on the versioning system GitHub. Please feel free to download the code and to join the community. You are always welcome :)
Thank you for sharing this article, it was very creative and helpful. Thak you/keep sharing.