Within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) I had a look at the data protection on this website and improved the security now. Implementing some improvements, the privacy of the visitors is now fortified.
Therefore to get an idea concerning GDPR the following quote of wikipedia might be helpful:
“The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU. The GDPR aims primarily to give control to citizens and residents over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU.” (wikipedia)
The changes concerning this website are listed as following:
- The website and the blog are now secured by a TLS/SSL certificate. I used the cleanup to secure all traffic by TLS/SSL now to protect the privacy of the visitors of this blog.
- Google Analytics: I use google analytics to get information concerning the visitors of this blog. This feedback allows improving the quality and the content of my blog. The data is collected in a pseudonymous way with the goal to protect the privacy of the visitors.
- Sharing buttons: From now on I’ using buttons implemented by heise called Shariff. The plugin Shariff Wrapper enables website users to share their favorite content without compromising their privacy. By using new buttons, the complete numeration is set to 0.
- As a result of GDPR I’ve added a new page: data protection (currently in German language) describing all relevant information concerning GDPR. And if you don’t want to be tracked by google analytics, you can find a link at the end of this site to install a cookie to deactivate measurement by google analytics.
- Finally, I’ve changed the image in the header :)
I’m looking forward to posting new articles in the future based on a modernized website. Additionally, I hope that you will visit my blog also in the future from time to time to get interesting impressions and information.